This is Post Five.
Archives for March 2017
Essam has submitted the following filings to the Federal Communications Commission (FCC), the National Telecommunications & Information Administration (NTIA), and the National Institute of Standards & Technology (NIST) in addition to technical publications.
- ICN Steps into the Future with High Speed Digital Learning – Quilt Circle 2020 page 21
- Election Security – ICN Chosen as a Trusted Partner of the Illinois Cyber Navigator Program – Quilt Circle 2019 page 17
- ICN: Illinois Cloud First – Helping Transform to a Smart State – Quilt Circle 2018 page 8
- Lighting the Way to Smart Cities – Illinois Municipal League Magazine Article – April 2018
- Public Wi-Fi Supercluster Blueprint – Procurement Chapter – August 2017
- Net Neutrality- July 2017
- E-rate Eligible Services List – July 2016
- Internet of Things – May 2016
- Illinois Century Network (ICN) Chapter of Quilt Circle 2016 – January 2016
- Lifeline and Link up Reform and Modernization – August 2015
- Broadband Opportunity Council Request for Comment response – June 2015
- E-rate Eligible Services List – June 2015
- E-rate Modernization – May 2014
- E-rate Modernization – April 2014
- Expression of Interest – Rural Broadband Experiment – March 2014
- E-rate Modernization – September 2013
This is Post Three.
During the 2000’s Essam worked at Nortel Networks in Dallas, Texas on 4G and LTE wireless technology. Essam was a product manager specifying requirements, working with design engineers and presenting to customers. While researching 4G wireless architectures to address customer needs, Essam invented two wireless technologies. The following patents provide the invention details.
Essam is an expert in the Schools and Libraries Universal Service Fund, commonly known as E-rate. In 2014 Essam submitted filings to the FCC regarding E-rate modernization, met face to face with FCC personnel and has held multiple webinar and training sessions for Illinois schools and libraries regarding E-rate.
Essam maintains a blog and informational website at www.schoolfiber.com providing up to date information on E-rate rule changes, and how to interpret and thus implement correctly the rules.
Essam has advised school and library districts on building fiber networks while obtaining maximum E-rate subsidy for the build. Most recently Essam met with Universal Service Administrative Company (USAC) officials regarding correct interpretation of service options, which Essam has disseminated to schools and libraries via a blog post at www.schoolfiber.com.
Welcome to WordPress. This is your first post. Edit or delete it, then start writing!